Appetizer Day Patricks St
Appetizer Day Patricks St - Growing up Irish, I was always surrounded by great Irish food – appetizers, meals, breads, and of course, desserts. During college, I was fortunate to work my way through school as an assistant chef and then full chef at a 5 star restaurant.
Here are some of the best Appetizer Day Patricks St handed down through generations of Irish relatives (on both sides of my family) and ones I’ve picked up along life’s journey.
Green Cottage Cheese Salad
• 1 small box of lime jello
• 1 cup water
• 16 oz. cottage cheese • 1 cup of whipped cream
• 1 teaspoon powered sugar
• 2 large sized carrots • 1 medium sized onion • 1 green pepper • Pinch of salt
• Pinch of pepper
Bring the water to a boil and mix the jello until it dissolves. Place the green pepper, carrots and onion into a food processor or blender and chop. Add the cottage cheese and whipped cream when the jello has cooled and mix by hand. Next, add green pepper carrots, and onion. Mix again and add salt and pepper. Place in serving bowls and refrigerate until thickened.
IRISH POTATO SALAD
• 6 medium-sized Irish potatoes
• 1 cup shallots (green onion) chopped
• 8 oz. sour cream
• 8 oz. mayonnaise
• 4 slices of bacon, cooked crisp
• 1/3 cup of chopped fresh parsley
• 1 teaspoon of steak sauce, such as Heinz 57
• Pinch of salt
• Pinch of ground black pepper
Slice the potatoes and boil in water until tender. Fry the bacon until crisp and chop into bits. Place the potatoes, onions, mayonnaise, steak sauce, sour cream, bacon bits, parsley, salt and pepper into a serving bowl and mix. Refrigerate overnight.
Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
• 1 package of mushrooms, whole
• 8 oz of cream cheese – chives and onion
• 6 oz of cheese – Dubliner preferred
• 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Thoroughly wash the mushrooms and dry them with a damp paper towel. Remove the stems and insides of mushrooms. Place the mushrooms, cup side down, on a baking sheet and brush with butter. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until brown. When cooled, stuff the mushrooms with cream cheese and sprinkle a little grated cheese on top.
Spinach Dip • 1 cup cooked fresh spinach, drained and chopped
• 3 cups mayonnaise
• 1 Tablespoon chopped onion
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1 ½ teaspoon spicy mustard
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
• ½ dried tarragon
Place all ingredients, except mayonnaise and parsley, in a blender and chop until smooth. Stir into mayonnaise and parsley and mix until smooth. Appetizer Day Patricks St
POTATO SOUP WITH SAUSAGE BALLS
• 4 medium sized potatoes, diced
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 1 green onion, chopped
• ¼ cup mushrooms, chopped
• 1 stalk of celery, chopped
• ¼ cup of fresh parsley
• 1/2 lb. loose pork sausage, formed into small one inch balls
• 2 teaspoons salt
• Pinch of freshly ground pepper
• 1 ½ cup water
• 1 egg
• 2 cups of milk
• 1 cup whipping cream
Sauté onions, mushrooms and celery in butter. Add potatoes, sausage balls, parsley, salt, pepper and water. Cook until potatoes are tender. Break egg into potato mixture and stir with fork until cooked. Add milk, whipping cream and heat thoroughly.
Appetizer Day Patricks St - More recipes to be added...